Long time no talk, bbz.
You'd think we'd have a reasonable excuse for a self-imposed 4-month radio silence. The only real things to blame are a full-time work schedule, #BoyProblems, and multiple attempts to rock short shorts in the foggy San Francisco summer. As Mark Twain once said, "San Francisco's cold omg brrr." (Or something like that.)
Without further ado, here's the playlist of songs that have been soundtracking our Summer. We hope they contribute to making the second half of yours rife with rosé, debauchery, and cute boys.
Other stuff we're into:
- "Supernatural," this as yet not-officially-released collab between PC Music wunderkind Danny L Harle and Queen Carly Rae Jepsen.
- Every single track from our new obsession Ofelia K, but especially her new song "Killing Me."
- The podcast Switched On Pop is well-worth a listen on long commutes home when you're not feeling like listening to the whole Ariana album straight through. The episode on the origins of people screaming "Hey!" in pop musicis especially worth a listen.
- Ariana Grande's obsession with Pokémon Go. We've been resisting, but this has us contemplating downloading the app.
- Speaking of Pokémon Go, Rihanna asked her fans not to "catch any Pokémon up in this bitch," in other words, at her concerts.
- Carly Rae Jepsen's phenomenal set at Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago.
You may be wondering why Kylie Minogue's "Cherry Bomb," an album-worthy B-side track from 2007, is on our playlist. What says summer better than cherries, and who better to represent NeuroPop than Kylie? You're welcome.